Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My first baseball game

Being on maternity leave has given Jaxon & I so much freedom. I am really going to hate going back to work. Most days we just hang out at home and wait for Daddy to get off work. But sometimes we have days like today where we run around and do whatever we feel like.



I had setup for GiGi to watch JP today while I went for my annual eye exam and then we were going to hit the pool. They ended up staying at home while I took Aunt Sophie & Uncle Noah up to the pool. It was a nice day, not as hot as it had been the last few weeks. Of course Noah was mostly off playing with his buddies and I stayed closer to Sophie and her friend A. Noah & I played a little ping-pong and all of us got snacks at the concession stand. Papi came home a little early so he could see JP who is apparently getting a new nickname. Both Papi & Grandpop called him 'bubba' this week. Maybe that's cause he's getting to be a little chunky monkey.

I didn't realize it, but today was also Noah's championship baseball game. The team had been in a tourney all week and obviously playing very well. I decided it would be fun to see him play and that he would appreciate us being there. We stopped by Aunt Joy's on the way to the game so we were a little late. JP was the youngest baby out there but certainly not the only one. Sophie and her friend M are always so interested when I feed him. It's a little awkward. I don't mind nursing him in public, but most people either don't notice or don't stare/comment. These two little girls watch every move when I nurse (this is not the first time they have done this so I knew what to expect). Of course Noah saw us & hollered "where's Jaxon?" from the dugout. Under the blanket, nursing. Just so everyone knows now, LOL. Anyway, Noah's team won the game (I don't remember the score, but I think it was a decisive win). The kids dogpiled on the mound after the game and then trophies were handed out. Afterwards several of us hit up the Mickey D's. It was a fun, but long day. Jaxon got a little off schedule so he was pretty unhappy in the ride home. More pics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment