Sunday, June 22, 2008

Smiley Face

Sorry GiGi - Mama won the smile race!

We've all been trying to get Jaxon to smile at us and this morning around 7:30 he smiled at me! I had been struggling a little with nursing him and had given up. Apparently he just needed a little food & not a full serving because he was quiet & alert once we stopped. I snapped this quick picture of him then propped him upright on a pillow (for his reflux). I reached over him to turn the light off. I guess it was funny when I leaned over him because that's the moment he decided to smile and I just caught it out of the corner of my eye. I laughed & woke up Daddy. He smiled many times while talking to us (he's been saying 'goo' and 'ahh' for a week or two already) until he got tired and needed to nap again. So much fun!!

It really is one of the most fun & rewarding things to see your child smile! I forgot all about the frustration of trying to nurse & about being exhausted. It's amazing the range of emotions such a little guy can bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment