Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!



I love Chuck E Cheese (and apparently Bob the Builder as well)! Mama and Daddy took me there today to celebrate my birthday and I didn't know what to look at first. After we got our tokens & ordered pizza, they let me play in the 'toddler zone' where I started off with the Bob the Builder ride. I was still a little groggy from the nap I took in the car so it took a few minutes to realize how cool it was. After a few bites of food (Daddy let me try some of the cheese from his pizza too), I was ready to get back to the games. I played on the slide, rode a few other rides, played Toddler Whac (thats whac-a-mole with ABCs - not whacking toddlers!), got on a giant rocking horse, and played some of the big kid games with Mama & Daddy. Of course, they had to weasel in on the fun & used some of my tokens to play a football toss game & skeeball (Mama was better at skeeball & Daddy broke the record on the football toss). Whenever given the chance, I walked back to Bob the Builder & tried to climb up into it myself. On the way out, I got a small ball & bat with our tickets.
Mama did drag me & Dad through Babies R Us since it's in the same shopping center, but I had my new bat to play with. Later in the afternoon we went to the credit union to open a savings account with my birthday money. They gave me a tshirt, some stickers & a growth chart with my account register. And even took my picture for my own ID card. We had Moes for dinner & Coldstone for dessert (I begged for ice cream & made Mama nervous as I walked around in circles on the concrete patio outside the ice cream shop). And I even got to stay up past my bedtime! I love being one!

No comments:

Post a Comment