Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mastitis

We figured out today that I do indeed have mastitis. The other day I had flu-like symptoms & then since then have had a slight reddish spot, almost a stripe, on my left breast. The spot was warm to the touch and slightly painful whenever pressure was applied. A call to my OBGYN confirmed our self-diagnosis and some antibiotics were prescribed. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon. When the nipples are cracked & sore, bacteria (usually from baby's mouth) can enter the breast to cause the infection. Lovely.

We also had visitors today. Uncle Chris, Uncle Brinn & Gabi all stopped by to see Jaxon. Brinn & Gabi also brought their new puppy, Sky, who is a tiny little Jack Russell Terrier. Of course with the teeny puppy, we had to leave all our big dogs outside. Everyone took turns holding Jaxon which gave Jack & I time to do a few things (including playing with the puppy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment