Saturday, July 26, 2008

Consignment Sales

Many of my friends & sorority sisters are new mommies too and they've all been going to all the local consignment sales. I've had some reason each time that I've been unable to go.

Well two of the girls went yesterday to the one at the fairgrounds & picked up a playmat for me. That was the one thing I coudl think of that I really wanted him to have. It is perfect & looks like new, even had the instructions. They found it for $23 when it would normally be over $60! I did find out later it was missing one of the little dangly toys, but Jaxon doesn't know any different.

I didn't want to miss out so I decided to go today. Tomorrow is 50% off, but I doubt I'll make it since I am headed to the beach. I had to drop something off at Jack's parents house & ended up taking Rita with me to the sale. I'm so glad she went because it was much more fun with someone else!

We could have spent hours there, but we managed to keep it down to a reasonable time by sticking roughly to the few things I said I needed to look for. Between the two of us, we spent right at about $100. We got him a bouncy seat, another playmat & a few toys to leave at their house, a ton of clothes in 6-12mos sizes and several toys for our house. One of the toys is a LeapFrog Tad interactive plush toy that lights up, plays music, etc that sells for $78 on Amazon!

So now I'm hooked! They have this same sale again in January. http://www.kidsexchange.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment