Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mama & Daddy's Date Night

Before having a child, we never had 'date night'. Mostly because any night could be a night for dinner & a movie or anything else we wanted to do. Though we take Jaxon out to dinner all the time, now it takes planning to manage to add in a movie. So the baby books & childcare mags all tell me that we need to have 'date night'. And that it should be a scheduled regular event where talking about the kids is off-limits. We'll see, for now I just wanted to see a movie.

Hancock was released yesterday and was one I'd like to see in the theater.. so I called in help from Papi & GiGi. Of course they were thrilled to keep him. The downside is that instead of going to the brand new theater right near us in Garner, we had to drive all the way into Raleigh. Since I'm breastfeeding nearly exclusively (only supplementing with expressed milk on occasion), an overnight stay is not feasible yet. So we dropped him off, had our date, and then picked him up. We were all tired for the drive home after the movie. It'll be a lot easier when he can stay the night.

We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and I highly recommend the Steak Diane (I had the Shrimp Scampi & Steak Diane combo, but thought the scampi was just ok). The movie was pretty good if you are into the whole superhero thing (which I am very much) or if you are a Will Smith fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment