Thursday, September 25, 2008

Playdates Galore

Jaxon and I have been keeping busy lately! Over the last two weeks, we have been running around town to various playdates and lunches.

Last week we went to Durham to hang out at the mall with AH and her two kids (3 & 2mos) plus JJ and her son (2 1/2). We spent most of the time at the food court playground where Jaxon loved watching the big kids run around. While walking through the mall with them last week I got a kick out of how different our lives are now. The three of us used to go to the same mall on our lunch break, sans kids, to hit up the food court or one of the nicer restaurants. And then make a run by a store or two before rushing back to work after being gone too long. Now here we were all pushing stollers and barely all fitting into the Nordstrom's elevator. From there AH & I took the kids up to work to visit (JJ no longer works there so she didn't join us). Our cube of cubicles looked & sounded like a daycare while we were there!
Later in the week we went to see one of my high school friends in Wake Forest and her 3 year old twin boys. They've moved into a new house they have built and are still finishing parts of it. It was such a great house! She's pregnant with another boy and due in a few weeks so I'd wanted to catch up before she's too busy with a newborn. The boys were adorable and rowdy. They warmed up to me quickly (last time I saw them they were still crawling) and were very interested in baby Jax.



This week we had lunch with SB & her beautiful little girl who is 11 mos. Jaxon just stared at her most of the time while I marveled at all the milestones AB has passed that will sneak up on me soon enough. We also went out to JJ's house in Pittsboro with AH & kids again. I think we're going to try to make it a regular routine until AH & I have to go back to work. JJ's house was perfect for the older kids to run around and we were still sitting around chatting when her husband came home. He's an avid mustang enthusiast as well, so he and I always swap car stories on the rare occasions we are together. I let him take the stang for a spin which I think won me a friend for life.

More pics here

No comments:

Post a Comment