Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Working 9 to 5

Back to the grind! I started back to work on Jan. 5th and so far I think it's been pretty easy on our family. Jack has been home with us for awhile so he knows all the routines & we've gotten used to both being home together everyday.

The first week we all got a little stir-crazy thanks to the weather but otherwise have been doing well. Jack & Jax have gotten into their own little routine & then I join them for meals. I try to stay out of sight most of the day (though I do need breaks) because Jaxon sometimes gets upset if I am coming & going out of the room. We also learned that I'll wake him from naps if I don't close my door when I'm on conference calls (oops). It took me a little longer to get used to pumping regularly again as I'd pretty much only been doing that when Jaxon & I were separated. Plus trying to setup & do that while working on the computer is a lot more awkward than lounging on the bed watching TV!

Overall, we're pretty happy with the situation so far and so thankful that we didn't have to put Jaxon in daycare!

3 comments:

  1. Di you have a hands free pumping bra?? It saved my life.. I pumped 8 times a day because Luke never took to it naturally! You can get it at Rex email me if you need more info!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, yes I do! I definitely would be miserable without it!
    Wow, 8x day!! That's dedication!

    ReplyDelete