Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'm having trouble controlling the VOLUME OF MY VOICE!

Our blog has faltered these last few weeks thanks mostly to a seriously slow computer. Now that I've got that problem all fixed up we should be back bloggin pretty regularly! So what have we been up to while on a blog hiatus?


Jaxon's update:

He's learned how to make increasingly louder sounds with his mouth. The books call it a happy squeal but I call it hilarious. I've been trying hard to catch it on video, but here's the best I was able to do (this does not give the full effect). If he sees I'm taping him, he stops & 'poses' which is great for taking photos, not so much for video.




He's not into tummy-time really so we haven't made him stay on his tummy much. He's got a great new mat that has toys in just the right spot for tummy-time, but even that only keeps his attention for a few minutes. He'll only tolerate the tummy for less than 5 mins right now before getting fussy. He'll get there eventually.


I'd posted about his fondness for his fingers before, but it's taken on a new level lately. Now he pretty much has at least one finger in his mouth at all times. Usually though it's several, maybe even a few from each hand (pretty goofy looking).


Watching the animals is his newest pastime. Raven was the first dog he smiled at (she the only one that doesn't lick his face when he gets near). But Max is the most fun to watch. Probably because he's got so many spots and moves so fast. Jaxon will watch any of them, even the cat, if they don't run by too fast.

Last week I had a lacatation consultant come to the house again to help out. I am continuing to fight soreness and JP has been increasingly uncomfortable while nursing. Unless he's really starving or sleepy, then he is arching his back, kicking his legs, and pushing me away (all while still latched!). Towards the end of a feeding, he started letting go & talking to me. It was cute at first, but then he started 'diving' back on. He would do this several times if I didn't stop him. I feel like I'm trying to wrangle an octopus. Needless to say this is no fun for either of us. Within minutes of seeing what was going on, the consultant said two important things.
  1. My soreness is not thrush! Thank goodness! After going thru every treatment out there, I don't know what I'd do if I still had it. The soreness is from all the thrashing around he's doing.

  2. All the problems are a classic sign of reflux. I explained that Jaxon has been treated for reflux for a little over 2 months and gave all the details. She believes his current medicine is not controlling the reflux. She recommended having the peditrician change the dose or switch to a different Rx. Our doc opted for increasing the dose which we've been doing for nearly a week now. We go tomorrow for his 4mo checkup so we can discuss it further then. I think we'll end up on a different Rx because I've not seen much of an improvement this week.

Mama & Daddy update:

Not a lot going on with us really. We've gotten into a pretty good routine with both of us home. Unfortunately, I do have to go back to work soon (exact date not yet decided) so our routine will change again. My job is somewhat flexible, so I should still have time to see my boys during the day. We also got to view the portraits that we had done awhile back. They were SO good that I had a really hard time deciding. I'm actually picking them up today & cannot wait!

1 comment:

  1. Lily's has that playmat. It is the infamous "why did I pay for this one" Maybe I should try it again and see if she likes it more now that she is better on her tummy.

    That is good news about the thrush. I heart good lactation consultants. They are better than doctors.

    ReplyDelete