Thursday, August 14, 2008

Portraits

I can't wait to see Jaxon's portraits! He did so well for the majority of the session, only getting fussy toward the end. It was supposed to be an hour but ran over, so I am not surprised he got tired of it. I was a little surprised when I showed up that the studio was in the basement of this woman's house, but it was a full studio with everything we needed. She even had a changing table, diapers/wipes, tons of stuffed animals, a mini-fridge and a full bathroom in addition to all the photography stuff. It was a neat setup.

She started off with the 'naked' pics with just his white diaper. Then I changed him into an outfit that I had been given recently and she did a ton more. Last we tried to do some where I was a 'prop' in the picture. Basically JP was the focus but I was in the picture holding him or whatever. We did some where I was kinda tossing him up in the air & I had to sort-of pause in the air so she could take the picture. Oh my gosh! My arms are so sore! I started that just to get him smiling but then she liked it (my own fault) and had me do it a dozen or so times. She wanted to get some of him sleeping since he was tired, but he just kept fighting sleep & finally I just said he's had it. No more.

The portraits will be ready for viewing next week but I still won't have them until a few weeks later. I didn't get to see any of the pictures fully today though I did see a few on the camera as she was working. I know I'm going to have a hard time limiting my choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment