Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Odd Couple

Only in the country...

Shortly after I woke yesterday, my husband said "Hey, there's a goat in our yard! And it's wearing a collar". Huh? I got to the window just in time to see a brown & white goat dart around one of our cars and off into the road. I couldn't get to the camera fast enough unfortunately. As I stepped out onto the porch, he was just trotting down the street following a black Lab mix. Then this morning as we pulled out of our neighborhood, we saw the strange couple again! The dog was running alongside the road, tongue flapping, with the brown goat in tow. Apparently the goat & the dog are buddies! I swear they looked so happy to be playing together, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

Even though we're outside the city limits, seeing a goat in our yard is not normal! We live in a small one-street neighborhood that is relatively new (less than 7 years), was previously farmland, and is now your typical young family neighborhood. Though we do pass horses on our way to the main road, usually there are no goats for at least a few miles. I don't know where this guy came from, but he sure did give us a laugh this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment