Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sweet Potatoes Everywhere

Jax started sweet potatoes last week... yummy.. (He also started applesauce & bananas this week, but they didn't really lend to funny photos or video).



The next day, I had a random chance to gather sweet potatoes directly from one of the local farms. They were done with the harvest and were letting folks take what was left. Of course all the 'big ones' were gone but there were plenty to be had. I wandered out in the fields in my Rainbows (ha) with one of my reusable shopping bags to see what I could find. I don't usually eat or buy sweet potatoes, so I wasn't 100% sure on how to determine the best ones. A helpful lady basically told me to get the biggest ones... duh. I filled my bag as full as I could and Jack made fries & chips from them this weekend (soooo good!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment